- This event has passed.
Breakfast with Titans: Steve Mariotti, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurs
Join a conversation with our guest Steve Mariotti on the importance of entrepreneurship education and investing in the next generation of innovators! Steve will be sharing about his work with Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, his career as a social entrepreneur, and how to empower our youth!
Steve Mariotti is a social entrepreneur and educator. He previously worked in the private corporate sector before moving into youth education. In 1987, he founded Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), a nonprofit organization which gives at-risk youth from low-income backgrounds opportunities to receive entrepreneurial education while attending high school.
His accomplishments include:
- 2012 inductee into the Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame.
- Numerous awards, including an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the Bernard A. Goldhirsh Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the New York Enterprise Report’s 2012 Founders Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the National Director’s Entrepreneurship Award from the Minority Business Development Agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Association of Education Publishers’ Golden Lamp Award, the ACE/Currie Foundation Humanitarian Venture Award, the USASBE Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year, the CEO Club’s Social Entrepreneur of the Year, and America’s Top High School Business Teacher.
- In 2013, he traveled to Southeast Asia as a guest of the US State Department on a mission to spread entrepreneurial education to youth from emerging economies in the region.
- His other accolades include:
- Featured subject of many national media profiles on programs including ABC Evening News and 20/20
- Authored and co-authored 34 books and workbooks on entrepreneurship, over 10 million of which have been sold and many more distributed for free around the world, including
- Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a Small Business
- Entrepreneurship: Owning Your Future
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a New Business
- The Young Entrepreneur’s Guide to Starting and Running a Small Business is a standard used from China to the Middle East
- Regular attendee and speaker at The World Economic Forum